Back when LEGO Chef was but a DUPLO Chef, he had the opportunity to lunch at a now-out-of-business restaurant by the name of Nicolino's Garden Cafe in the heart of Silicon Valley. They made sausage on-site and one of their best appetizers was sausage bread. LEGO Chef had his fair share of this treat and now in honor of Nicolino's, brings this fine recipe to you!
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sausage to taste (chopped)
- Bread Machine (optional)
- Bread Pan
- Nonstick Spray
Time: 10-15 minutes to mix, 60 minutes to rise, plus 30 in the oven. Grand total brings you in under 2 hours to tasty!
Yields a 1lb loaf
1. LEGO Chef prefers to make bread dough in the bread machine, so if you have one at your disposal, it's recommended if for no other reason than it presents a nice spot to let things rise. If you're using a bread machine, set it to the 'dough' setting and place in all the ingredients except for the sausage and mozzarella cheese. If you're not using a bread machine, mix the same ingredients and then let rise covered in a warm location for roughly 60 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 425F / 218C / 491K (do they make Kelvin scale ovens for the general populace?)
3. Once the dough has risen, stretch it out flat on a cutting board (you may need to use the nonstick spray here depending on your cutting board). After it's been laid out, cover it with sausage and cheese. LEGO Chef prefers more sausage to less sausage.
4. Grease the bread pan and then roll the dough up so it becomes a giant dough/sausage/cheese roll. Tuck the ends in and seam side down, place it into your bread pan and into the oven it goes!
5. Set your timer for 30 minutes and build set 375
6. Once the timer goes off, remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes. After the bread has set, dive in to delicious!